This section contains answers to frequently asked questions about Cable ONE Business Services, Billing and Technical Support.
The Broadcast TV Surcharge reflects a portion of the rapidly escalating charges levied by the owners of your local broadcast TV stations, including NBC, ABC, CBS, Fox and others. The retransmission consent fees that local broadcast TV stations charge Cable ONE Business to carry their channels have increased nearly 90 percent over the past three years – and we expect them to increase another 36 percent in 2018. This is despite the fact that broadcast TV stations use spectrum granted to them for free by the federal government, and customers can pick these signals up for free with an antenna. Despite our best efforts to control these dramatically increasing retransmission consent fees, Cable ONE Business, like other cable and satellite companies, can no longer continue to absorb these increased costs, and must pass a portion along to our customers.
Sports programming has become one of the biggest drivers of programming cost increases for cable and satellite providers, and now represents more than one third of Cable ONE Business’s programming costs. Despite our best efforts to control these sports programming fees, Cable ONE Business, like other cable and satellite companies, can no longer continue to absorb these increased costs. This surcharge covers a small portion of our costs to carry increasingly expensive sports programming that is carried by networks in every level of our channel lineup, including dedicated sports channels such as ESPN, NBC Sports, and the NFL Network, as well as on general entertainment networks such as TNT, TBS, USA Network, and your Regional Sports Networks.
Cable ONE has not changed either its privacy practices or policies, and has no intention of doing so. The protection of customer privacy and personal information is very important to us. Cable ONE does not sell our customers’ personal information or sell customers’ online browsing information.
Download Cable ONE, Inc. W9.
Download Cable ONE, Inc. Certificate of Insurance.
Yes, in most cases with a valid Federal Tax ID # and a business license for well-established home-based businesses. Some restrictions may apply. Please contact Business Sales Adviser at 855.873.9596 to discuss further.
There are no data caps for Cable ONE Business Internet. However, the Cable ONE network is designed for typical usage by a typical business user. Computer activity resulting in excessive or sustained bandwidth consumption may burden the network and such usage may be restricted. Please see our Acceptable Use Policy at https://business.cableone.com/legal/acceptable-use for more information.
A Franchise Fee is collected by Cable ONE Business on behalf of your local government and municipality. This fee is paid directly to the local government to use the public rights of way when providing services.
Operator Assistance or Directory Assistance (e.g. 411).
Cable ONE Business SPIN # is 143016933.
Contact Business Sales at 855.873.9596.
Change of Ownership / Name Change Requests Customer FAQs
How long does the change of ownership/ name change take to complete?
- Please allow 10 business days from the receipt of the change of ownership form for processing.
- An incomplete form may result in the form being returned to the owning parties, and could result in the delay of the request being processed.
Who needs to fill out the change of ownership form/ name change form?
- Both the current owner and new owner will need to complete their designated sections, and have the form notarized. The person who signed the Cable One Contract must sign the change of ownership form/ name change form
- If current owner is deceased?
- New owner must fill out the change of ownership form including the current owner’s information to the best of their ability.
- Attach a death certificate for the current owner to the form.
- If new/current owner is out of state.
- Please have the new and old owner have the change of ownership form signed/notarized individually then submit to Cable One Business . Fax: 888.3883.9074) email: email@example.com
- Current owner is no longer with the company:
- Please have the contact for the current owner submit an official company letterhead explaining that the individual identified as the account owner is no longer with the company.
- It should include, to the best of their ability, what the individual’s position was and what date they departed the company.
Does the change of ownership form need to be notarized?
- Yes, the form must be notarized.
Can the change of ownership request/name change request be completed for a future date?
- Yes, please list the date you would like the changes to be completed on the form.
Where to send completed change of ownership / name change forms to be processed.
- Please send the form via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 888.388.9074.
Call Cable ONE Business Retention & Loyalty team at 855-364-9506.